Coq Au Vin Recipe
This classic French dish will allow you to make a Julia Child approved meal with a beginners skill set. All you need is a little wine, a little gumption, and a lot of hunger. Braised, burgundy, and bountiful – this dish is meant for ease, deliciousness, and sharing.
Our recipe is meant to serve 6-8 people.
- 4 lbs chicken – be sure to leave the skin on (thighs, drumsticks and breast all work)
- ½ cup diced bacon (optional)
- 2 onions, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 20 brown cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Brandy (about ½ cup)
- 2 cups of a full bodied red wine
- Kneaded butter with flour (2T butter and 4T flour)
This dish pairs well with polenta, mashed potatoes, rice, Spaetzles and any other starch based dish that you’d like to put on your dinner table. Serve and enjoy!
Jasmine Catering would be delighted to see photos of this meal, if you choose to prepare it. Please feel compelled to share. Cheers to good eats.